Litigation Legal Assistant
Our Fredericton Office has an immediate opening for a Litigation Legal Assistant. Position is permanent, full-time.
Cox & Palmer is a full-service, top-ranked Atlantic Canadian law firm with the knowledge and experience clients rely upon for solid legal solutions. The firm prides itself on a collegial work atmosphere and supportive team environment. We hire self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service. At Cox & Palmer, our support staff is an essential part of our team effort to deliver outstanding service to our clients.
Cox & Palmer provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits:
- Employer paid premiums for individual or family health and dental benefits;
- Pension with matching employer contribution;
- Employee assistance program; and
- Annual fitness allowance.
- Maintain detailed and accurate client and administrative files;
- Draft and process a high volume of legal documents and correspondence;
- Proofread, data entry, photocopy, and other office related duties;
- Maintain calendar, scheduling and organizing meetings, and assisting with client meetings;
- Communicating in a professional manner with lawyers, team members and clients;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, often meeting tight deadlines, and ability to multi-task as well as reevaluate as needed; and
- All tasks must be performed with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent proficiency in English, verbal and written communication (Bilingualism French/English considered an asset);
- 1-2 years of experience working in a legal assistant role;
- Legal Assistant or Paralegal diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft applications and typing skills;
- Excellent proofreading, spelling and grammar skills;
- Attention to detail coupled with strong organization and time management skills; and
- Preference will be given to applicants with previous litigation experience.
Cox & Palmer is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is a member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN) and Pride at Work Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.