Thank you to the Cox & Palmer Employment and Labour Group in Fredericton for providing the following summary of updates to the NB SOE.
REVISED: Paragraph 5 – NO PATRONS:
- Campgrounds are prohibited from admitting patrons.
- Owners/managers of seasonal docking for recreational vessels must either prohibit docking or take reasonable steps to ensure persons (who do not reside together) do not come within 2 metres of each other.
REVISED: Paragraph 8 – GATHERINGS:
- With respect to owners/occupiers of any premises in which gatherings take place, the previous order indicated reasonable steps must be taken to prevent social or recreational gatherings of more than 10 person. The revised order removes the cap of 10 persons prohibiting any social/recreational gatherings.
REVISED: Paragraph 15 and 16 – TRAVEL OUTSIDE NB:
- Necessary travel now includes travel related to shared custody.
- Non-Residents of NB outside of Campbellton will be permitted entry to obtain the necessities of life.
- Peace officers are authorized to return those who are found to be in NB unnecessarily to the interprovincial border where they entered.
REVISED: Paragraph 17 – PHYSICIAN IMPOSED SELF ISOLATION
- Self isolation directed by a physician to one’s home (except for emergencies) has been clarified to include a person’s living space, balcony, yard unless those spaces are shared with those who are not members of the same household.
NEW: Paragraph 18 – SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Everyone is prohibited from knowingly approaching within 2 meters of another person (except those with whom they reside). Best efforts must be used, inadvertent contact does not violate this section.
- Workplaces are exempt.
NEW: Paragraph 23 – OPEN FIRES
- Prohibited until May 1, 2020