Director of Engineering
Priority is proud to partner with our client in their search for a Director of Engineering to join their dynamic team, based Fredericton, New Brunswick. The successful candidate will join a team comprised of accomplished and highly respected Engineering and Operations professionals. In this newly created position, you will be reporting directly to the Vice President of Technology. The Director of Engineering will take full responsibility for the day to day management of the Engineering Team, whose members are knowledgeable in mechanical, electrical, and hardware solutions. The ideal candidate enjoys managing a team while still having hands-on involvement in projects.
As a company that works quickly to set the world-standard in geotechnical instrumentation, they need employees that can grow and develop with them. They have a global network of 22 distributors and sells their product to over 40 countries.
Lead the Engineering team with overall responsibility for:
- New Product/Technology Development
- Product Engineering: Sustainability and Production Support
- Leadership in implementing and managing:
- Best practice engineering methods/processes across multi engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical, hardware and software)
- DFM (Design for Manufacturing)
- Develop and manage engineering drawing standards, part numbering and revision control
- Manage the engineering change process and the root cause analysis of product field failures
- Provide technical guidance to engineering teams
- Ensure engineering strategies, budgets, goals and objectives are in alignment and support overall corporate strategy
- Provide the Project Manager with accurate resourcing estimates for projects
- Supporting the Technical Services Team with advanced requests from clients
- Technology trends analysis to meet and exceed customers' expectations
- Gather and distill requirements from the Product Owner and translate them into meaningful product development requirements
- Collaborate with RST Instruments' (Partner Company) Director of Engineering to establish standards and best practices across the platform
Required skills and experience:
- Over 10 years experience in engineering, with a P.Eng. status
- Currently hold a Canadian P.Eng. designation
- Leadership capacity in engineered products
- Product Development Life Cycle management
- Proven knowledge of DFM
- Well balanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hardware and software engineering solutions
- Knowledgeable about international approval standards including ISO, CE requirements, ATEX, CSA, UL, FCC and others
- Preference given to candidates with a master's degree in engineering (electro-mechanical ideally)
- Experience with geotechnical instruments and field applications preferred
To apply, please submit your confidential resume and cover letter to Priority as soon as possible.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for a screening interview will be contacted.