Priority is proud to partner with our client, in their search for a Mechanical Engineer to join their dynamic team, based in Fredericton, New Brunswick. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this role is responsible for mechanical design, prototyping, and mechanical product development as well as improvement within a team comprised of those with mechanical, electrical, and software expertise. This role is cross-functional; therefore, effective communication across all functions is critical.
- Designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems for the geotechnical and civil construction industries working with Electrical Engineering team.
- Evaluates mechanical systems and products by designing mechanical prototypes, conducting research on, and applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, materials strength, compatibility and corrosion.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by developing testing methods, supervising tests and interpreting the results of testing.
- Develops and improves mechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; and soliciting observations from operators.
- Supports the Senior Manufacturing Manager to develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Provides technical support to the Manufacturing Training Manager and operators as well as the Quality Assurance team.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods for finished product and system capabilities as well as confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Ensures products comply with mechanical and electrical safety standards.
- Maintains an organized system for all mechanical/CAD drawings.
- Implements new processes associated with the new product developments and product improvement process.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to the change management process by executing ECOs based on internal and external customer feedback.
- Responsible to the Project Manager for deliverables within Product Development process.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and Professional Engineering Designation (PEng)
- 5 plus years' experience working in an industrial or manufacturing setting preferred
- Experience in mechanical design (conceptual as well as CAD or SolidWorks)
- Experience working as part of a multi-discipline team
- Experience preparing test procedures, documentation, and test reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to communicate mechanical knowledge and results in a clear and concise manner across all functions
- Willingness to learn new skills on the job
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
To apply, please submit your confidential resume and cover letter to Priority as soon as possible.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for a screening interview will be contacted.