Priority is proud to partner with our client to assist in finding a new Administrator to lead their organization, based in Sussex, New Brunswick.
In this role, you will ensure that their mission, vision and values are carried out with professionalism and understanding. You will ensure that all residents receive the standard of care and services they expect and that their families receive regular communication about their well-being. This involves seeking ways to improve the overall quality of care, being receptive to new ideas and approaches, as well as making certain that all programs are delivered with kindness, warmth, and dignity.
Likewise, you will demonstrate the same degree of leadership and care toward staff who work in stressful situations daily. This means supporting them with coaching and training, and by providing regular performance feedback.
From an administrative perspective, you will have overall responsibility for management of the organization including finances, facilities, operations, human resources, administration, licensing, board relations and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in a field of study relevant to the operations of nursing home including or supplemented by recognized courses in administration and/or health care
- Senior level management experience coupled with a solid understanding of the health care sector
- Experience working within a unionized environment
- Collaborative leader with a proven track record
- Ability to build consensus among many stakeholders such as government, employees, unions, residents, health authorities, and the community at large
- Familiarity with the challenges facing the health care industry, specifically senior facilities
- Seasoned professional with business expertise in finance, administration, human resources, operations, physical plant, health and safety as well as government relations
- Well-developed personal qualities including integrity, initiative, communication and leadership skills
- Strong appreciation for governance issues and understand the importance of an effective relationship between board members and staff
Please note that the selected candidate will be required to provide a clean Criminal Record Check, Department of Social Development Vulnerable Sector Screening as well as a medical history and physical before starting employment.
We thank you for your interest in this position however, only those selected for screening will be contacted.