Director of Care
Priority is proud to partner with our client in their search for a Director of Care to join their team in Fredericton. Reporting to the Administrator, the Director of Care is a member of the senior management team and is responsible for the provision of quality service to the residents in accordance with the mission, operational policies and procedure as well as provincial standards requirements. The DOC is also responsible for all aspects of care and management, meeting the needs of the residents in partnership with their families, related agencies, and government departments. The successful candidate will have the ability to exercise a very high degree of initiative, leadership and independent judgment. This role also participates in all planning for the organization, including strategic planning.
- Oversee the development of resident care plans and documentation for all residents
- Develop and maintain admission procedures and criteria, as well as the appropriate selection and orientation of new residents
- Provide supervision and direction to the Care & Activation Teams
- Manage the privacy compliance requirements, infection control protocols and pharmacy narcotic control process of the home
- Ensure orientation, development, assessment of job performance, and credentialing of assigned employees
- Supervise the scheduling of staff to ensure daily operational requirements of the home are met
- Provide effective management of human resources in collaboration with the Administrator; including hiring, orientation, evaluation and termination of employees in compliance with Provincial Labour Standards
- Monitor the care supply inventory and budget and ensure it remains aligned with the home's comprehensive budget
- Provide the Administrator with ongoing reports regarding operations, achievements, and concerns relevant to attainment of established goods
- Participate in various committees, including multi-disciplinary, nursing practices, care team, medical judgment, admissions, leadership, quality management program, and BIF
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, including or supplemented by recognized courses in Administration, Health Care or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years' management experience within the health care field
- Must be physically and mentally able to perform job responsibilities and abide by all policies
- Active registration in good standing as a Registered Nurse in New Brunswick
To apply, please submit your confidential resume and cover letter to Priority as soon as possible.
Thank you for applying. Only those selected for a screening interview will be contacted.